According to the annual international cooperation plan on academic and research, FPT University continues to organize short-term and long-term academic exchange programs for its faculty between FPT University and partner universities in 2020.
The Office of Science Management and International Affairs (SMIA) would like to inform of the registration for the academic exchange program with the Kyoto University of Graduate Studies for Informatics (KCGI) Japan as follow:
1. About KCGI
The Kyoto College of Graduate Studies for Informatics (KCGI) was established in April 2004 as Japan’s first and only IT professional graduate school. KCGI inherits the traditions and achievements of Japan’s first computer educational institution, Kyoto Computer Gakuin, which has trained information processing engineers to meet the needs of industry for many years. KCGI is located in Kyoto city which is considered the cultural capital of Japan and a major tourist destination.
KCGI has designed its curricula to cultivate the high level IT talents required by the industry. Graduates of KCGI are expected to work in IT-related positions such as: Chief Information Officer; Project Manager; Senior SE, Web System Architect; Content Production Manager; System Integration Consultant; Web Marketing Professional; System Architect and Information Security Consultant. KCGI’s coursers are available not only in Japanese but also in English.
In order to develope the IT industry more, on December 12th, 2019, FPT University and KCGI signed the MOU to mark the long-term cooperation between the two universities in the future.
2. The Faculty exchange program between FPT University and KCGI in 2020
In 2020, the faculty exchange program is expected to implement as follow:
– Full-time IT lecturers of FPT University, FPT Greenwich and FPT Swinburne.
2.2 Application Timeline
– Document submission deadline to SMIA: from April 06th, 2020 to June 14th, 2020
– Interview: in July 2020
– Notification result: in July 2020
– Time to teach and research at KCGI: start on October 1st, 2020 (Fall semester) or April 1st, 2021 (Spring semester), at least 1 semester (about 6 months), details exchanged during the interview.
– Teach and research in KCGI
– Prepare new syllabus for subjects in charge of teaching (see List of Subjects/Courses to be Taught in English by the New Instructors)
– Administrate and support FPT University students who participate in the student exchange program at KCGI.
2.4 Qualification of Applicants:
– Applicants must have a master’s degree or higher, or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
– Applicants must have a English proficiency certificate as TOEIC 800 or more, or equivalent certificates (TOEFL iBT or IELTS) within 02 years (24 months) up to the date of application. In case of expired certificate, the candidate will be further assessed by the Interview Council;
– Applicants must have experience of 4 years or more in teaching and guiding graduate students.
2.5 Application documents
– An Achievement Report written in English: Applicants summarize your research and education achievement, works, work experience, ect and please register here (PDF format is preferred).
– If the applicant is not yet a PhD, please submit two recommendation letters from the Dean of your current affiliation, your Master thesis and a copy of your master transcript here
– In addition, applicants may be required to submit additional documents.
– Applicants who have studied or graduated from foreign universities. Applicants graduated in Vietnam can communicate well and teach in English;
– Applicants have many science research publications in English, published in ISI / Scopus or in prestigious international conferences and seminars.
*/ For detailed information and terms, applicants can refer here
– Supported visa procedures
– Roundtrip travel Hanoi – Osaka (one time only) and all travel expenses at a minimum from applicants’s accommodation to KCGI during the program
– Introduction of tenant locations;
– Labor insurance for foreigners working in Japan as prescribed;
– Salary payment and terms will depend on your academic level.
– Other information will be discussed by the KCGI’s personnel department when signing the contract.
If you have any question, please contact:
– Office of Science Management and Internation Affairs
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (+84)2466549806
– International Affair Officer: Le Thi Phuong Anh (Ms. Eva)
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel:0948 141 890
5. The documents:
- List of Subjects/Courses to be Taught in English by the New Instructors
- Registration form for academic exchange program with KCGI (Japan) in 2020
- Resume template
- Curriculum Vitae template
- Recruitment of Instructors of KCGI