- Full name: Vu Khac Ky
- Sex: Male
- Nationality: Vietnamese
- Email: KyVK2@email@example.com
- 01/2019 – Present: FPT University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 11/2016- Present: Postdoctoral Associate (CUHK – Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- 08/2013- 08/2016: Research Assistant (Laboratoire d’informatique (LIX), Ecole Polytechnique)
- 12/2012 – 2013: SmartBuilding project (funded by Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK)
- 2009 – 2012: Flyspeck project (funded by National Science Foundation (NSF), USA)
- 2016: Ph.D. in Theoretical Computer Science, Ecole Polytechnique, France
- 2012: M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics, Kaiserslautern University, Germany
- 2010: International M.Sc. in Mathematics, Institute of Mathematics, Vietnam
- 2009: B.Sc. in Mathematics, National University of Vietnam (honors program)
Awards and Distinctions
- 2012-2015: Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship (the only student in France in 2012)
- 2011-2012: International Scholarship, TU Kaiserslautern (Germany)
- Ky Vu, Pierre-Louis Poirion, Leo Liberti: Fast approximate solution of large dense linear programs, Preprint (2017).
- Leo Liberti, Ky Vu: Barvinoks naive algorithm in Distance Geometry, Opera-tions Research Letters Volume 46, Issue 5, 2018.
- Ky Vu: Random projections for high-dimensional optimization problems, 4OR – A Quarterly Journal of Operations Research, 15(3) April 2017.
- Ky Vu, Pierre-Louis Poirion, Leo Liberti: On an optimal constraint aggregation method for integer programming and on an analytic expression of the number of integer points in a polytope, Preprint (2016).
- Ky Vu, Pierre-Louis Poirion, Leo Liberti: Random Projections for Linear Pro-gramming, Mathematics of Operations Research, (2018).
- Ky Vu, Claudia D’Ambrosio, Pierre-Louis Poirion, Leo Liberti: Random projections for trust-region subproblems with applications to derivative-free optimization, Preprint (2016)
- Ky Vu: Randomized sketches for linear systems with convex constraints, Preprint (2017)
- Ky Vu, Pierre-Louis Poirion, Leo Liberti: Using the Johnson-Lindenstrauss lemma in linear and integer progamming, Preprint arxiv:1507.00990, 2015.
- Ky Vu, Pierre-Louis Poirion, Leo Liberti: Gaussian random projections for mem-bership problems, 2016, (to appear in Discrete Applied Mathematics.)
- Ky Vu, Claudia D’Ambrosio, Youssef Hamadi, Leo Liberti: Surrogate-based meth-ods for black-box optimization, International Transactions in Operational Research, 24(3): 393-424 (2017).
- Claudia D’Ambrosio, Ky Vu, Carlile Lavor, Leo Liberti, Nelson Maculan: New error measures and methods for realizing protein graphs from distance data, Discrete and Computational Geometry, 57(2): 371-418 (2017).
- Thomas Hales, Mark Adams, Gertrud Bauer, Dat Tat Dang, John Harrison, Truong Le Hoang, Cezary Kaliszyk, Victor Magron, Sean McLaughlin, Thang Tat Nguyen, Truong Quang Nguyen, Tobias Nipkow, Steven Obua, Joseph Pleso, Jason Rute, Alexey Solovyev, An Hoai Thi Ta, Trung Nam Tran, Diep Thi Trieu, Josef Urban, Ky Vu, Roland Zumkeller: A formal proof of the Kepler conjecture, Forum of Mathematics, Pi (2017)
- Horst Hamacher and Ky Vu: Representative systems for bi-objective optimiza-tion with applications to network flow problems, Preprint 2014.